Sunday, 3 April 2011
Sunday, 20 March 2011
Some info on Myopia
Myopia is an eye condition, which causes your vision to become blurry. If it gets very severe (very very bad), you can even become blind. Myopia can be cured, but prevention is better than cure! Myopia is caused if you do not have good eye habits. Some good eye habits are listed below.
Don't want to get Myopia? Here's what you should do.
- When reading, sit upright. DO NOT lie down while reading.
- When watching television or playing computer games, DO NOT sit too close to the screens.
- Make sure the room is bright when you are reading or doing anything that requires you to use your eyes.
- When you are doing close work, make sure your eyes are at least 30 cm away.
- Do not focus on something for too long. Take a break and do some eye excercises! There is a video on eye excercises on this blog too!
For those already wearing glasses, don't worry!
- Please make sure you do wear your glasses, however ugly they might be. You do not want your eyesight to get worse!
- Follow the good eye habits above too if you do not want your eyesight to worsen.
- Wear spectacles that are suitable for you. If the degree is not right, please tell your parents, our your eyesight will worsen very quickly!
One last thing...
Please go for regular eyechecks! More importantly, some of you might think that spectacles are 'cool'. That is UNTRUE!!! Do not purposely worsen your eyesight so that you can wear a pair of glasses!
Why getting Myopia is not good
- Getting Myopia means you need to wear spectacles/ glasses, and they are quite expensive. So take care of your eyes if you do not want to waste money!
- Spectacles need to be cleaned, washed and polished frequently, and that is very troublesome.
- How many of you want to become pilots? It is an exciting job, with a high pay too. However, if you get Myopia, you will be unable to become a pilot.
- If your Myopia gets too severe (very bad), you might become blind. So please take care of your eysight!